Here at Epsilon Design Engineers we are always looking to employ the best people to compliment our company.
We are a multi-disciplinary design consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence.
Employing the right kind of person is essential for Epsilon, these are enthusiastic, imaginative and committed people looking to help the company reach its targets and overall potential.
A fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious team with a rapidly expanding portfolio of work. Epsilon Design Engineers Ltd are a design consultancy with an endorsed reputation for multi-disciplinary design and project coordination.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Manager with proven experience in civil and structural design engineering. Reporting to the Design Director, you will work as part of a team and lead key aspects of design and manage principal projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technical delivery, project management, and team leadership.
1. Core objectives of the role
• Management of the design team throughout the design process and hold design team meetings as appropriate, record minutes and actions and ensure implementation.
• Manage the relationship for the whole project team - with the client, subcontractors and professional design team, providing technical advice and have the ability resolve any problems/queries.
• Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
• Thoroughly appraise received project documentation to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information, inadequate or incorrect design and compliance
• Ensuring all design checks are undertaken, recorded and that all designs are compliant with the relevant standards.
• Adopt a proactive approach to design development throughout the design phase, by keeping up to date with latest construction techniques and legislation
• Design project management ensuring projects are completed on programme
• Implementation of the company Integrated Management System processes and procedures
• Maintain electronic and hard copy files.
• Flexible in approach to deadlines.
• Report bi-weekly and as required to the Design Director
• Attend and contribute to Project Review meetings
• Attend site as and when required assisting with surveys and site meetings.
2. Core behaviour required in role
• Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, both verbally and in writing
• Competent user of MS packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word (essential);
• Comprehensive site experience in construction, engineering or professional design role (essential);
• Well developed technical construction knowledge
• Familiarity within a design office.
• Being able to think methodically and to manage projects
• Ability to liaise with professionals and management of the design
• Ability to work well within a highly pressurised environment.
• Ability to interpret client requirements and communicate these requirements to others.
• Compliance with all duties as listed in the Health & Safety Policy document
• Good understanding of the CDM Regs 2015, BIM and Rail Standards.
• Time keeping and commitment to Company demands
• Enthusiasm for responsibilities
• Ability to work as part of the Design Team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment. Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Good organisational skills
• Professional when representing the Company
• Able to prioritise workload
• Demonstrates consistent drive and personal motivation
Negotiable (based on experience), including pension and healthcare.
Candidates are required to have a full UK driving licence.
For more information please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 277 4548.
Epsilon Design Engineers Limited. All Rights Reserved 2021